Underground magic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Magic Gathering

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Why I don't perform magic to drunks

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jack Webster

Why I don't perform magic to drunks Empty
PostSubject: Why I don't perform magic to drunks   Why I don't perform magic to drunks EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 8:36 am

Over the past 3 years I've been into magic I always hear about how drunk people have the best reactions and we should perform to them. I have to disagree with that. Sure if you are recording stuff it looks great because they get a awesome reaction and that makes you look better, but if there isn't a camera who cares.

I know people who have been drunk..... a lot. And I always hear from them that they don't remember what happened that last night. The problem is right there. Magic is about creating a memory. Sure magic is cool in the moment but what really is cool is the memory that the magician left with you that will leave you scratching your head for days. If you perform to drunks there is a good chance they don't even remember your a magician in the morning.

Also drunk people have a hard time taking instructions and will usually heckle you. I have performed to them before and when I say pick a card they will take five, than want to change there card, I do the trick, they say it wasn't there card at the end. They will have a harder time seeing your sleights though.

I know some of you won't have an option but to perform to drunk people some times. If this happens you don't need to do your normal routine. Do tricks that are simpler and tricks that they will have a hard time messing up. For example don't do the 2 card transpo, they will be more likely to look at the cards during the performance. A trick that will be good to perform is a trick were they don't pick a card like the queens or some other dan and dave tricks.

Well I want to hear what you think about this so please feel free to respond to what you think about this.

Thanks
-Jack
Back to top Go down

Why I don't perform magic to drunks
Page 1 of 1